TRUTH IS USUALLY THE BEST VINDICATION AGAINST SLANDER - ABRAHAM LINCOLN
During more than five years of litigation, the Carrascosa family has spent an estimated $2 million employing 14 different attorneys in the United States to litigate this case. Below is a list of her attorneys and what they did in this case. For the record [and to avoid yet another lawsuit] we have nothing bad to say about any of them. Fact is, all but one of these attorneys were honorable, gracious and given the circumstances, did an outstanding job.
1. October - November 2004 - Mitchell A. Liebowitz - West Caldwell, NJ - Prepared the parties October 2004 consent agreement and held Victoria's U.S. Passport in trust.
2. November 2004 - May 2005 - Lesnevich, Marzano-Lesnevich, Hackensack, NJ - Represented Ms. Carrascosa at the time Victoria was abducted.
3. May 2005 - July 2005 - Gilberto M. Garcia - North Bergen, NJ - Traveled to Spain to observe the Hague Convention proceeding.
4. August 2005 - July 2006 - Robert L. Pensa - Roseland, NJ - Aggressively argued the case in Superior Court for almost 1 year. Eventually filed a motion to be relieved as counsel citing that Ms. Carrascosa "Steadfastly refuses to take my advice or be reasonable in her approach to this case" and she is "belligerent toward me and my staff".
5. August 2006 - October 2006 - Louis Zayas - Hackensack, NJ - Represented Ms. Carrascosa at the divorce trial.
6. November 2006 - Tomas Espinosa - Union City, NJ - Made one court appearance and was not heard from again.
7. December 2006 - Present - Mark Carter - Hackensack, NJ - Represented Ms. Carrascosa in an eight-count indictment for 2nd degree interference with custody. Also served as co-council allowing firm #8 to work in New Jersey.
8. January 2007 - April 2007 - Allan Lewis and Kenneth Levine - New York, NY - Wall Street litigators who admittedly had "no prior experience" in international child custody cases. Represented Ms. Carrascosa in District Court and in the Appellate Division. Filed a motion to be relieved as counsel citing a "campaign of deception" that surrounded their $445,000 legal bill. They have since filed suit in District Court against Ms. Carrascosa, her father, sister and one of their Spanish attorneys - Vincente Ibor - for breach of contract.
9. April 2007 - Present - Jerome Shestack and Alan Pralgever - Philadelphia, PA - World famous lawyers who were retained by the Government of Valencia to appear "Amicus Curiae" in support of Ms. Carrascosa's Writ of Habeas Corpus in Federal Court. Her petition was denied twice.
10. April 2007 - July 2007 - Ann Pompelio - Sparta, New Jersey - Filed a petition for certification to the Supreme Court of New Jersey. It was rejected.
11. November 2007 - Ileana Montes - Jersey City, New Jersey - Represented Ms. Carrascosa for a short time in 2007. Petitioned the court to be relieved as counsel citing irreconcilable differences with her client.
12. November 2007 - Roger Serruto - West Orange, New Jersey - Briefly communicated with prosecutors office on behalf of Ms. Carrascosa. He was either not hired, not paid or decided not to take her case.
13. November 2007 - March 2008 - Clifford Lazzaro - Heather Fierro - Newark, New Jersey - Represented Ms. Carrascosa before the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals where her petition was denied.
14. March 2008 - present - Scott Finkennauer - Fairview, New Jersey - Represented Ms. Carrascosa in her criminal case. It is unknown if he will represent her on her appeal.
*** In addition to the above list of attorneys who participated in this case, the Carrascosa family has also employed 6 different attorneys in Spain. In total that's 20 lawyers! ***
Despite what most people believe to have been sound legal advice from most of these attorneys, Ms. Carrascosa lost custody of her child and remains incarcerated.
This website was created to present factual information, however at times, opinions may be expressed. These opinions, protected by the U.S. Constitution and published in the United States by a United States citizen, are for the sole purpose of expressing a position regarding certain people, places, events and circumstances. Any photographs used in this site are either solely owned or have been published in newspapers or internet sites.